Best Two Techniques to Reset PST Password of Outlook 2016
Jason Florek |
June 10th, 2019 |
MS Outlook is mostly used to protect PST file with passwords to secure data as they may include personal, financial, and business information. However sometimes, they have to set or change the old password, generally after sharing a password with someone else for temporary requirements. Fortunately, Outlook 2016 provides the option to remove old PST password. But this feature is not useful if you do not know the existing password. In this case, only a smart and reliable tool that will help you to change Outlook PST password. Now, in the upcoming section, we will discuss a manual method to let users understand how to reset PST password of Outlook 2016.
Let’s consider the below scenario which has taken from the forum site:
“Hello, experts! Last time I closed my Outlook 2016 as usual after sending a few messages from it and shut down the PC normally. But, when I tried to open it again, I have lost or forgotten the password of PST file. So, I just want to know Is there any method to recover forgotten Outlook PST password?”
How to Reset PST Password of Outlook 2016 Manually?
Go through the following steps by which you can change Outlook password to get access to PST file. Please follow the below steps:
- In MS Outlook 2013, go to Home button
- From the drop-down menu, choose Info and click the Account Settings option
- Account Settings dialog box will appear and then switch to Date Files tab
- Under the selected tab, choose the Settings option
- Now, the Outlook Data File dialog box appears and you can find Change Password option
- Finally, you need to choose a strong password to secure confidential data. For enhanced security, you can keep it in a password keeper
Alternative Way to Recover PST Password of Outlook 2016
As discussed manual method, sometimes users may face difficulty while resetting Outlook PST password. In that case, users can take the help of a reliable third-party tool named as PST Password Remover. It is capable enough to reset password protected PST files to unlock Outlook PST. Through this application, one can easily recover the password of multiple Outlook PST files in one go. It has a simple and user-friendly interface that even a novice user can use it without the help of an expert.
A Complete Process to Remove Password from Outlook PST File
- Launch the application and it will ask you to browse PST file which may need to reset
- Click either Add File or Add Folder option to browse that data file
- Select the desired Folder that has been processed further and press OK button
- After browsing all data files, the tool starts representing PST file and its current status on the software screen. This status describes encrypted Outlook PST files
- The status report that displays on the software panel can export and save to a CSV file by using Generate CSV Report option
- Finally, you can select Remove Password button and then, unlock the PST files
Time to Conclude
When the user forgot Outlook 2016 PST password then the need arises to recover password so that they won’t lose all emails stored in the PST file. It becomes a difficult task for users when they need to retrieve a forgotten Outlook PST file password. Thus, to make it flawless for the users we have discussed both manual and automated approach to change the password of Outlook 2016. To carry out this procedure, the users can make use of a professional approach. With PST Password Remover, the users can reset PST password of Outlook 2016 in just a few clicks.