Top-Notch Ways to Fix Outlook Error 0x80042109
Microsoft Outlook is so popular email client application. It not only allows a user to send and receive emails, but it also lets them sync their email directly into their calendar and contact list. However, sometimes users experienced issues while sending emails. They couldn’t deliver their mails successfully & encounter with Outlook error 0x80042109) : outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (smtp) e-mail server.
If you’re also in the same dilemma then you not need to worry. In this post, we’ve mentioned all those methods that help to resolve this Outlook Error 0x80042109.
But before we proceed, let’s have an overview of error 0x80042109 in Outlook.
What is the Outlook Error 0x80042109?
Usually, it appears when the users try to send emails through Microsoft Outlook. Their outgoing emails fail to reach the recipients and an error messages pop up on the screen as:
“Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80042109) : Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.”
“Sending Reported Error(0x80042109) : Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (smtp) e-mail server”
If you received the first error message, it means that Internet connectivity issues are preventing you from delivering your emails successfully. Meanwhile, the second message tells you that Outlook is not responsive and it won’t let you perform any action. You won’t be able to configure it or update it, which will also keep you from sending or receiving emails.
Reasons Behind Occurrence for Outlook Error 0x80042109
These are the factors that are responsible for this 0x80042109 Outlook 2010 error:
- Corrupt emails and PST data
- Incorrect Outlook account settings
- Unavailability of the mail server
- Incomplete Outlook installation
- Spyware or virus attack
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80042109?
1: Manual Resolution for Outlook Error 0x80042109.
2: Automated Way to resolve error 0x80042109: Outlook.
Manual Approaches to Troubleshoot the Error Code 0x80042109
To resolve error 0x80042109 in Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2007, the user can follow the simple and reliable methods as explained below:
1: Check Internet Connectivity
The first and foremost solution is to check your internet connection. Sometimes your email fails to go through just because of your slow Internet connectivity. You’ll need to confirm that your PC is properly connected to a stable network.
2: Check Email Account Settings
Now, if your internet is working properly then it is required to check your mail settings. You need to find out whether the outgoing server SMTP is selected or not. If it is not, then it could be the reason for the issue. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to Tools> select Account Settings>POP 3 account>click change.
- Next check your name field and email address.
- Check the incoming and outgoing mail server fields and make sure that it is correct.
- Now, click on the outgoing server and make sure that the option ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication is selected.
- After that, click on Advanced and click on ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox option.
- Finally, hit OK to confirm settings.
Now, check whether the Outlook is working properly or not. And if not, you can proceed for further resolution techniques.
3: Remove and Configure your Outlook Account
- Press Windows Key+I together to open the Settings application.
- Once the Settings app is opened up, select Apps.
- Now, select Outlook, then click Advanced Options.
- On the next page, click Reset.
- After resetting your Outlook account, add your information again.
- Configure your Outlook account, wait for sometimes to complete the synchronization process.
After setting up your Outlook account, try to send emails to see whether the email message is gone from the Outbox folder.
4: Change the Outgoing Port
The default value of a standard outgoing SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) port is set to 25. But its found that some of the Internet service providers block this port value due to which you are unable to receive or send emails. You can change the outgoing port number in two ways.
First one is a conventional method,
- Changing the SMTP value to 26
- Switching to TLS port, then choosing 587
The second option is to set a non-conventional port value. To resolve Outlook 2013 error 0x80042109, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Outlook application, click Tools.
- Click on the Account Settings, then double-click your email address.
- Select More Settings, then click Advanced.
- Change the Outgoing server SMTP port to 587, then choose TLS encryption.
- Hit OK to confirm the changes you have done.
After modifying the outgoing port, check if you are able to send emails without the error message.
5: Check Updates for the Windows
The regular updates are necessary to keep your system free from any issues. It develops patches and automatically fixes the minor issues. So, to get rid of the Outlook 2007 0x80042109, we suggest that you install any pending updates. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the taskbar, right-click on the Windows icon.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Now, select Update & Security.
- On the next page, go to the right pane and click Check for Updates.
- Let Windows Update check for available updates.
- If there are any updates, download them. Once the process is completed, restart your device to install the updates.
After installing the updates, try using Outlook application again, to see the error. If the error is still persists, try the next solution.
6: Disable the Proxy Server
Sometimes proxy servers might interfere with the connection with the email server. So, we recommend you to disable your proxy server temporarily to resolve 0x80042109 error.
To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows Key+S together to open the Search box.
- Inside the Search box, type cmd
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
- Once the command prompt opened, execute the following command:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
This command line will remove your proxy server, configuring your system for direct access to the Internet.
7: Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Another way that may help you in repairing the sending reported error(0x80042109) is to deactivate your faulty antivirus. There might be a possibility that your security application is interfering with Outlook’s operations. Therefore, we suggest you disable the antivirus temporarily from your system.
Even if you carefully attempted the above practices but nevertheless the error still exists. Then, the last option is to try an automated solution.
Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80042109: An Expert Solution
The Outlook PST recovery software is the most secure & reliable solution that is awarded by WesuggestSoftware and got a 5-star rating from Cnet. If Outlook Error Code 0x80042109 occured due to pst corruption then this tool will easily fix it. It is built with an advanced algorithm that can perform recovery from a highly corrupt file. The tool is efficiently works with all the versions of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.
Moreover, it offered several advanced options like Date Filter, Categories Selection etc., to make the PST repair process simpler and effective.
Reasons Why Should You Go For Automated Tool
- Provide a quick and advanced scan mode to repair corrupt data.
- Restore data in PST, MSG, PDF, EML and HTML files.
- Supports recovery of any size PST.
- Recover data with all their meta-data properties.
- Repair multiple files in bulk.
- Remove SMINE, OpenPGP Outlook encryption from multiple emails.
- Provide 8 preview modes to view PST mailbox items.
Many Outlook users reported that while sending or receiving their emails they encounter the Outlook error 0x80042109. This issue is causing Therefore, in order to resolve this issue, we have mentioned some manual hacks to repair the sending reported error(0x80042109).
But these manual tricks do not guarantee the permanent resolution. Hence we have discussed a professional tool that is capable to troubleshoot this Outlook error without losing a single bit of data.