How to Resolve Outlook Express Error 0x800CCC79?
Microsoft Outlook Express users sometimes face an error code 0x800CCC79 while sending emails. This error appears to be very critical but instead is one of the most easily resolved error. The Outlook Express error 0x800CCC79 can be called as a SMTP authentication error, which does not let its users send emails.
Why Outlook Express Error 0x800CCC79 Occurs?
This error happens when there is an issue in the configuration & authentication of SMTP server settings. A set of simple steps when followed can easily resolve this 0x800ccc79 Outlook Express error message. There can be different possibilities due to which the error might have occurred. Here is a list of the possible solutions to resolve this Outlook Express error code 0x800ccc79.
- Configuration error.
- Corrupt or missing registry entries.
What does Outlook Express Error 0x800ccc79 Look Like?
“The message could not be sent because one of the recipient was rejected by the server —– “
This is the structure of the message that appears with the server error code and error no as 0x800ccc79.
How to Fix Outlook Express Error Number 0x800CCC79?
Let’s have a look on how to resolve this error using simple steps:
The SMTP Server settings can be easily resolved by executing the following steps-
- Open Outlook Express & Go to Tools>> Accounts.
- Select the account in which the error is occurring & click on “Properties”.
- Go to the servers tab and under “Outgoing Mail Server” section, check “My server requires authentication” option.
- Click “Apply”.
The solution above should probably work, In case the Outlook Express server error number 0x800ccc79 is still persistent then,
- Click on “Settings” button.
- As you click it, there would be two options-
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
If “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is used then the SMTP credentials are the same as that of the incoming server.
- Log on using.
If “Log on using” is used then provide the SMTP server credentials.
Once all the details are added, click on ok & close. Now there is a high probability that the Outlook Express error 0x800CCC79 will not occur.
This Outlook Express error code 0x800ccc79 occurs when SSL protocol is being configured in Outlook Express to send and receive emails. To resolve this error the user needs to bypass the Secure Socket Layer settings. The steps to do so are mentioned below-
- Click on “Tools” and then select “Accounts”, choose the account in which you wish to make changes.
- Now select “Properties” tab and go to “Advanced Settings”.
- Look for “This server requires a secure connection” and uncheck all the options under it.
- Save all the settings & restart Outlook Express.
Corrupted or Missing Registry Files
This can also be a reason due to which the Outlook Express error 0x800CCC79 occurs. To avoid it the user should download a registry cleaner from a reliable source (to avoid malware). The registry cleaner would clean all the corrupted registry entries and if the error was occurring due to this reason, then it can be easily handled.
This article is a complete guide on how to fix Outlook Express error number 0x800ccc79 ( The message could not be sent because one of the recipient was rejected by the server). The possible cases mentioned here are usually the reasons due to which this error occurs. So, if you follow the steps properly that are mentioned here. The Outlook Express error 0x800CCC79 can be fixed easily.