Do you have MSG files and want to import them to Thunderbird application? Then this blog is dedicated to you only.
Here you will get complete insight about MSG files and methods to export to Thunderbird in a pretty straightforward method.
Friends! I have some MSG files in my Outlook mail account, but now I want to import them all to MBOX format in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is there any efficient and safe solution that can help with this conversion process? Has anyone encountered this situation? If yes share your practical solution that can also work for me. Thanks in advance.
You will need to perform two tasks for inclusive MSG files conversion.
TASK FIRST – Import Outlook Messages to MBOX file Format
TASK SECOND – Import MBOX Format to Thunderbird Application
Let’s start the process to import Outlook MSG Files to Thunderbird
To avoid any complication to import MSG files to Thunderbird choose the trustworthy method.
Below mentioned tool comprehends with MSG file framework. It works effectively to export corrupted and damaged MSG files too. For bulk file conversion you can rely on it. Below mentioned steps are desired to convert Outlook message files to MBOX format.
Let the process complete. Now the converted MSG files are saved in the chosen location in MBOX file format.
Now you have to extensively import Outlook MSG files to Thunderbird without disturbing its structure and meta-data.
Warning – This method is not authentic and is not approved by Outlook and Thunderbird. It is a makeshift method; results are uncertain. So before choosing this option, make sure to keep a backup of your original data.
Neither Outlook nor Thunderbird has provided any facility to convert MSG to MBOX file format. But for curious users who are willing to try the out of the box method can try this method.
Note – This method is not recommended for your crucial MSG files. This can lead your MSG files to an uncertain state.
Well, Thunderbird doesn’t clearly provide a way to import .mbox files, but you can copy and paste renamed .mbox files into Thunderbird’s Store Folder.
1. As the renamed .mbox files are not standard format. These files will get corrupted when you will try to access them.
2. The .mbox renamed files are added erratically, it will just add disorientation and mess in the Thunderbird platform.
3. These files will be shown in the sender mail.
4. All this mismatch will create more chaos which can disturb the rest of mailbox too.
1. Is manual import of MSG files is possible from Outlook to Thunderbird?
Neither Outlook nor Thunderbird has facilitated this feature. So there is no authentic manual import method available for this requirement.
2. I want to import MSG files to Thunderbird in bulk, and I do not have an Outlook account associated with those files. What is the solution?
You can choose the direct conversion method which does not need Outlook or Thunderbird application on the system.
3. Is there any single tool that can import MSG files to various other formats too?
Yes, MSG converter is the direct and instant solution to transfer bulk MSG files to various file formats including PDF, PST, EML.
4. Does it work for the corrupted files too?
Yes, it allows users to import MSG files to its respective application.
5. Is any free version available of this tool?
You can try the demo version to get the understanding of the tool. After complete satisfaction, you can go for the full-fledged version for unlimited conversion of MSG files into Thunderbird file format.