How To Open VHD File in Windows 10? Know the Accurate Solution
A virtual hard disk (VHD) is a disk image file format for storing the entire contents of a hard disk. The disk image, also known as a virtual machine, mimics an existing hard disk and contains all the data and structural elements. This blog describes the complete solution to open VHD File in Windows 10. Here we will discuss how to view VHD data files on Windows OS. Both manual and automatic solutions are available for reading VHD files.
“Hey, does anyone know how to open VHD files in Windows 10? I tried several methods for this but to no avail. So anyone can tell me how to view VHD data files without any problem. Please help me. Thanks in advance.”
How To Open VHD File in Windows 10, 8, 7
Method 1: Create VHD File Windows platform Using Disk Management
In this section, we are going to explain the entire process for creating VHD in Windows 10.
- First of all, Right-click on Windows Start menu, Choose Disk Management
- Select on Action button and click Create VHD option
- Click on Browse and navigate to the folder where you wish to save the VHD. Also, provide virtual hard disk size.
- In the File Name section, enter a name for the newly created virtual hard drive.
- Select the menu type Virtual Disk File (.vhd) or Virtual Disk File (.vhdx) from the Save As menu. Click on save.
- Specify the desired size for VHD in the Virtual Hard Disk Size box in megabytes (MB), gigabytes (GB), or terabytes (TB).
- From the Virtual Hard Disk Format section, select the VHD or VHDX format according to current requirements
- From the Virtual Hard Disk Type section, select the Fixed Size option if you want to adjust the predefined size. Otherwise, select the dynamic dump options to resize this VHD auto. Finally, press the OK button.
Note: If you have selected the VHD format as a hard disk drive, we recommend the option to select a fixed size when selecting the type.
Drawback OF the Manual Method
- It is a very long process that takes a long period.
- Any level of misunderstanding can result in data loss
Perfect Solution To Open VHD File In Windows 10
To overcome all the drawbacks, users can use a robust tool. Therefore, the VHD Viewer tool has been recommended to go for an all-in-one solution. It helps to view VHD files easily and effortlessly. It can open and preview the contents of all partitions in a disk image file. The utility supports both FAT32 and NTFS file systems with fixed and dynamic storage. The tool is able to view all data items in a VHD file when VHD file partitions are deleted or formatted. You can also view items within single and multiple partitions of a VHD file.
Step by Step Process To View VHD File
Here we have mentioned a few simple steps to open, View VHD file:-
1: Launch and Run VHD File Viewer Tool.
2: Click on the Open tab to Add VHD File.
3: After That, Browse & Scan VHD File: Quick, Advanced & Deleted Partition Mode.
4: Finally, Open & View Contents of VHD data File On Windows OS.
Beneficial Features OF VHD Viewer Software
- Ability to Open Offline, Dismounted & Corrupted VHD Files
- Compatible to Recover RAW Partitions
- Supports Restore Multilingual Files From Installation setup
- Capability to Open Windows Image Backup .vhd File
- Compatible Windows Backup Image Files: NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 and ExFAT Partitions
- Supports For MBR and GPT Partition Styles For Static & Dynamic VHD Files
- Compatible With All Versions of Windows OS , 10,7, 8, 8.1
This guide has helped users solve the “How to open VHD file in Windows 10” question? In the previous section, we discussed two approaches that would help in completing the work in a positive way. It is better that you go for an alternative solution like VHD Viewer software as the manual method is time-consuming and a long process. Furthermore, it is your choice that you can choose one of them according to your needs.