How to Recreate OST in Outlook 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007/ 2003?
December 11th, 2018 |
General, How to, Outlook
Today, we come up with an imminent alternative to resolve most commonly asked query such as how to delete and recreate OST file in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. Sometimes, users getting confused and stuck in a situation that how to rebuild an Outlook OST file. So, in this write-up, you will get an amazing techniques to resolve the issue. You just need to go thoroughly to entire article to do the same. But, the initial query arises in mind i.e., why a user needs to recreate an OST file in Outlook?. Do not worry, you will get the answer in the upcoming section.
Why Recreation of OST File Is Required?
The prime function of Offline OST file is to reduce the payload of Exchange Server and cut down the network traffic. However, there are multiple factors that may cause accidental OST file deletion, inaccessible etc. Also, sometimes outlook.ost behave inappropriately and after that users become unable to access its components. In order to fix all such issues, one can recreate OST file in Outlook and re-sync Outlook with Exchange. There are so many reasons behind the occurrence of corruption in OST file. Some of them listed below:
Need to Delete OST File from Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
If your Outlook OST is behaving inappropriately then, you require to delete it and recreate it to upgrade the performance of your Microsoft Outlook program. Here we will provides steps on user query how to delete and recreate OST file in Outlook. Steps to recreate OST files depends upon the version of MS Outlook you are working with. Choose the method as per your Outlook version properly.
Steps to Delete OST File From Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003
Deleting OST file is quite simple if you know the proper path. Initially, locate the Outlook folder and choose the OST file and simply delete it. But, what if you do not know the location of OST file then follow below-mentioned steps:
- Quit Outlook application if it is running.
- Now, open Run wizard or simply press “Windows + R” keys.
- Here, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\ in the Run window then hit on OK.
- This command will automatically locate the OST file from any Version of MS Outlook.
- At last, select the OST file and delete it by pressing the Delete key.
Important Note: Remember one thing that the default location of OST file different in all versions of Outlook.
How to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016?
After successfully deleting the OST file, you required to regenerate OST file for the perfect functioning of Outlook. In this segment, you will find the steps to create OST Without any hassle:
- If using Outlook version 2010 then, click on Tools menu. But, if you have Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 then, click on File after that Info.
- Now, select the Account Settings and hit a double click on MS Exchange.
- From Setting appear click on More Setting button.
- Here, choose Offline Folder File Setting (in Outlook 2013, click on Offline Data File Setting).
- After that, browse a location to save Outlook.ost file and click on OK button.
- If you are getting this error message simply click OK. “.ost could not be found. Would you like to create it?”
- Finally, to end up the procedure click on OK and then Finish.
Guidelines to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2003
- If using Outlook 2003 then, navigate to Tools menu and hit on Email Account.
- Then, select View or Change Existing Mail Account and click Next.
- Here, locate Outlook Process Email for Those Account in Following Order wizard and hit on Microsoft Exchange Server after that Change to proceed forward.
- Now, choose More Settings and choose the Advanced tab.
- Hit on Offline Folder File Settings.
- In File segment, choose a location where you need to save the OST file and click on OK.
- If following error pop up then, click the OK button. “.ost could not be found. Would you like to create it?”
- Lastly, hit Next to finish the procedure.
You have to ensure that the MS Outlook is connected to Microsoft Exchange Server for synchronization of OST file.
If you are still unable to recreate an OST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003. There can be so many reasons behind this. Mainly, there is no availability of Exchange server or you are a novice person and incapable to implement procedure appropriately etc. So, in this situation, the best alternative solution is DataHelp converter tool for OST to PST. With the help of this tool, you can convert OST file into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 2003 importable format. PST file is most prominently used file format and it is easily accessible in MS Outlook. But, along with this solution you can also go through the above recreation process. As an alternative, you can also prefer this software.
Recreate OST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc is an easy way to recollect Exchange Server data into Outlook. But, most of the times, a user becomes unable to perform the recreation of an OST file due to unavailability of Exchange Server. So, it is highly recommended to go for a reliable solution which helps you to access Old OST into Outlook. Also, you can take help of these two solutions without any hassle.