Do You Know How to Import Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook?
Requirements do change according to time and technology advancements, people make up their mind to move from one platform to another. The same concept works for email clients too. The users frequently switch from one email client to another due to their requirements. Nowadays, many people are migrating from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. Most of the people search for a simple yet reliable way to migrate Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.
Thus, in this blog, we are going to introduce different methods using which the user can easily perform Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook migration in a hassle-free way.
Why Users Migrate From Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook?
There can be multiple reasons behind the migration from Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook. However, these reasons depend on individual and organization requirements.
- A person switching from Mac Operating system to the Windows Operating system.
- Migrating Mac Outlook 2011 to Windows Outlook 2016 due to the company’s requirements.
- Need to access Mac Outlook 2016 data on Outlook 2016, 2013 or any other editions.
Selecting an email client among numerous email clients is a very challenging task. However, Outlook is the first choice of users due to its bundles of features. With Outlook, one can easily manage all the email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes etc. in an efficient way with other benefits also. Additionally, Outlook data files are portable and secure as compared to Outlook. Thus, all such features make Outlook as the most preferred email client by both Mac and Windows users.
Methods to Export Outlook 2011, 2016 Mac to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 Windows
Most of the people still are in dilemma that Windows Outlook is better than Mac Outlook or not. Now, the answer to this question Yes, Windows Outlook is better in every way than Mac Outlook. Moreover, it provides more advanced feature as compared to Outlook for Mac.
In this section, we are going to explain the step-by-step process to transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
Method 1: Conversion of Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook Manually
The method is divided into 3-steps, the user has to follow each step correctly to avoid issues.
Step 1: Configure Gmail In Mac Outlook
- Open Mac Outlook > Outlook > Preferences
Note: To perform this step, the user must have the credentials of Gmail account with IMAP configuration.
- In Personal Settings option, you need to select Accounts option.
- Now, click on the + icon at the bottom of the screen and choose the Email option.
- After that, you have to enter Gmail account username and password and click on Add Account button
- Your Gmail account will be added to your Mac Outlook profile successfully.
Step 2: Export Mac Outlook data Data to Gmail
- Open Mac Outlook and right-click on the configured email account folder. Select New Folder option.
- Name the New Folder and then click on File > Import.
- Now, the Import Wizard will open. Select Outlook Data File option and click Next.
- After that, select Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm) option.
- Select the OLM file created in Step 1 and click on Import option.
- After the completion of the Import process, you will get Import Complete notification.
- Now, on the Mac Outlook screen, you will see all the imported messages. Select all the messages and right-click on them.
- Select Move and Choose Folder option. You need to find out and select the folder used in Step 2 and click on Move option
- Now, all the emails selected will be moved to the configured Gmail account
Step 3: Configure Same Gmail ID in Windows Outlook
Finally, you have to open the Gmail account on your Windows system and open Outlook. After that, you need to configure the same Gmail account in Outlook. Once the account is configured, you will notice that all the Mac Outlook data (which is stored in Gmail account) are successfully exported in Outlook Windows.
Sometimes, users search for an easy and time-saving process to import from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. Moreover, the user should have the technical expertise to perform the manual method in a correct way. Now, we are going to introduce an instant trustworthy way to move Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc) in the below-mentioned section.
Alternate Method to Migrate Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook – Automated Approach
The user can also opt an automated approach to import or move Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003. This method consists of two simple steps: first, the user has to export Mac Outlook Data from Mac Outlook as .olm file and then import that data into MS Outlook.
Step 1: Export Mac Outlook Data
- First, launch Mac Outlook (Outlook 2011 or 2016) on your Mac machine. Click on File > Export
- In the Export wizard, select Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm) option and select the required items to export
- Select Yes or No option in the Deleted After Exporting section and click on Next
- Now, enter the suitable and location to save the exported Mac Outlook Data file and click on Save
Once the export process is completed, you will be able to see Outlook has finished exporting your data message. Now, you have to convert Mac Outlook data to Outlook supportable PST file format. For this, you can opt for a professional solution that is OLM to PST Converter. This software will transfer emails, contacts, calendars, etc from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. After exporting data from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook, you have to import Output file into Outlook for Windows.
Step 2: Import PST File (Mac Outlook data) into Outlook
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook. Then select Import/ Export Wizard
- Now, you have to select Import from another program or file and click on Next
- Click on the Browse and locate the PST file
- Select Replace Duplicates with Items imported and click on the Next button
- Now, you have to select Outlook Data File option and check the Include subfolders option
- Select Import items into the same folder in the drop-down list
- Click on the Finish button
Nowadays, technology changes with the speed of light which leads to change in the user requirements also. This also applies in the case of email clients. There are numerous email clients and user opts for an efficient email client as per there requirements. Sometimes, Outlook users need to migrate Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. Thus, in the above section, we have explained the different method to export Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.