Overview: Learn the easy steps for how to archive emails in Outlook 365 to local drive as given in this blog. Find the reasons for which users are looking for this solution. Also, look at the solution which can help you save the emails from your mailbox as discussed in this write-up. Diving into it!
Office 365 is one of the most popular email platforms that provides users the services for sending and receiving and sending emails. It offers subscription plans to users giving certain benefits and increasing the storage space and resources as the user purchases a new plan. There are different plans for businesses and home users.
Sometimes, when the storage space is filled in the mailbox, users look to archive emails in Outlook 365 to local drive. The space in Outlook 365 mailbox is when filled, there are two things that a user can do; save the emails to archive mailbox or purchase a new subscription plan. Most of the users prefer going for the first option as to not waste any money for things they might not require.
Let’s find out how to save the space in the mailbox when Office 365 storage space is full.
The answers to this query are as follows:
For the first method, you will first have to make sure that the Archive Mailbox is enabled in your Outlook 365 account. To do that, you have to first go to the Security and Compliance Center and choose Data Governance. Click on Archive option and then you have to choose the mailbox you want to enable the Archive Mailbox.
The second method, on the other hand, just have to be download and will help you with saving the emails in a short time-duration, say minutes.
Let’s now check out how both these methods play the part to archive emails in Outlook 365 to local drive.
If you have successfully enabled your Archive mailbox on your Outlook account, you just have to go through the steps as listed below:
1. First of all, login to Outlook using your Office 365 account.
2. Now, go to the folder you want to archive emails from.
3. Choose the emails and right-click on them.
4. A drop-down will appear and choose the Archive option.
The emails will be archived in no time. Now, if you want to save selective emails from your Outlook 2016 account.
Remember, this method will only work if you have configured your Office 365 account with your Outlook account. Only then you can make use of the archive feature in Outlook to save some space by archiving old emails.
1. Launch Outlook for desktop on your Windows OS screen and choose the emails you want to archive from the inbox or other folders.
2. Now, right-click on these emails and select the Archive option to move the older emails to the archive mailbox.
3. Or, you can select the mails by clicking on the Archive button from the Delete group.
4. It is also possible to archive these emails by pressing the Backspace button on the keyboard.
Now, for a more reliable approach, you should go for the next method. This solution will make the procedure easy and help you to move emails in bulk without going through any troubles. Check it out and understand it’s working.
For instant and bulk archiving the emails from your Outlook 365 account and save these emails on your local storage, you can use this tool. Take a backup of your data from Outlook account to save some space in your mailbox as well as have a backup so that if anything unfortunate happens with your data, you will have your data safe on your local storage.
Let’s take a look at the working of this software and check the features offered for a hassle-free operation:
1. Download the tool and launch it on your desktop. Click on the Login button to start the procedure.
2. Enter the credentials for your Office 365 account and press the Sign in button.
3. Now, mark the Office 365 Backup option and then click on the Next button.
4. Choose the mailbox items you want to export the emails from and select the Browse button for a destination path of the end result and hit Export.
5. Choose PST as the export type and apply the Naming Convention and Date Filter. Hit Start to finish the procedure.
This software allows users to export selective emails from your account with the of Date Filter feature. You can choose a time-duration from which you want your emails to be exported.
The most asked query of Outlook users i.e. how to archive emails from Outlook 365 to local drive, is answered with the only useful methods known. As it is understood by reading the entire blog, you can perform the task manually but you will have to select the emails from your account one-by-one. For bulk migrating the emails, you can make use of the tool as mentioned above. Also, save email selectively with the help of the tool in short time-period.