This article will provide information on the most productive methods of exporting emails from Gmail account. Here, you will discover, various the needs and requirements of such an export process and how to export Gmail emails to PST format.
Don’t worry! You are not the only person who is looking for solutions to export Gmail emails. There are multiple Gmail users who look for a similar solution.
As we all know Gmail is a web-based email client and you cannot access these emails when you offline. Therefore, it’s better to export in such a format that, users can easily use it in offline mode.
Unfortunately, Google doesn’t provide an option to export Gmail emails to PST file. So, the following methods will help you in completing this task
Alert: This method requires an Outlook application installed on your systems. Kindly, install it or skip to an alternative method.
1. First, launch the MS Outlook application on your computer.
2. Go to the File tab, and choose “Add Account” option from the window.
3. From Add account window, choose the “Manual setup or additional server type” option and click Next.
4. In the next window, select “POP or IMAP” radio button from list and click on Next button.
5. Now add the details of IMAP account for configuration of Gmail account
6. From same window, click on the “More Settings” option. Click on the “Outgoing server” tab and choose “My Outgoing server (SMTP) require authentication” button.
7. Now, go to “Advanced” tab, and fill the following details:
8. Click on OK button, and Outlook will start testing account settings of Gmail account. After that Gmail email will start configuring into Outlook.
Go to “C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\MicrosoftOutlook” to and get the exported email in PST format, the PST file will be of the same name as your Gmail Id.
Limitation: IMAP configuration with Outlook to export Gmail emails to PST file has some major limitations.
If you don’t want to go through such a prolonged method, then you take help of an automated tool. For this, you need to download the Gmail Account backup software.
This tool will take complete backup in multiple file formats, such as PST, EML, MSG, MBOX and PDF. You can use this tool to export Gmail to PST without Outlook installation. The tool has quite a simple user-interface and doesn’t require any technical knowledge for working.
And you are done!
The software will export Gmail emails to PST file at the destination location. The PST file will contain Emails, contacts entries.
Note: If you are a business Gmail client user and wish to export multiple Gmail account to PST format, then use Google Apps backup software.
Gmail is the most demanding webmail email client due to its integration with many business applications such as Google Drive, Google Contacts, etc. This makes Gmail accounts more prone to hackers. So, it’s better to have a backup Gmail emails on local computer for safekeeping. This can be done by exporting Gmail emails in such a format that they can be accessed without an internet connection.
As, Google doesn’t provide any method for exporting emails in pst file, so it’s necessary to use other means. Therefore, In this article we have provided two solutions, whether you want to export Gmail to PST with Outlook or without Outlook we have provided the solution for you. Choose the method which best suits your need for the export process.